If you prefer not to give advice to your clients on employment law issues or are uncomfortable about advising clients on particular aspects of employment law, we can help. We regularly undertake work on behalf of other solicitors in relation to a variety of employment issues. It may be you are happy to act for clients in relation to some employment issues, but are wary of advising on more complex issues such as discrimination claims and TUPE transfers, or appearing before employment tribunals. If you prefer, we can provide the advice to you, in order for you to advise your clients. Alternatively, we are happy to deal direct with the client as this may be a simpler and cheaper option.
The services we provide include:
- Drafting and revising contracts of employment, staff handbooks, equal opportunities policies and disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Advising on grievance and disciplinary issues
- Advising on TUPE transfers, including drafting TUPE provisions
- Drafting and advising on settlement agreements.
- Pursuing claims on behalf of clients and defending claims raised against clients.
- Advising on the full range of discrimination claims.
- Representation before an Employment Tribunal on the full range of claims.
We also act on behalf of solicitors in relation to general employment law advice and employment disputes involving their own staff.
We undertake work on behalf of English solicitors involved in cases before employment tribunals in Scotland.
As we undertake only employment law, we will not seek to act for your clients in relation to any other matters. You need not worry about losing your client for those other issues where you already act.